iRobot® Create® 3 Release G.4.1
[Click here to download release G.4.1]
For iRobot® Education Bluetooth1 users, this is mostly a bugfix release. For ROS 22 users, this is mostly a feature release. See below for details.
This release is running ROS 2 Galactic with the following interface library versions:
There have been no changes to the ROS 2 API. Support has been added for the robot to use a Fast-DDS Discovery Server. Some bugs have been found and fixed in the iRobot® Education Bluetooth protocol implementation. The default route should be properly set when the robot is connected to Ethernet-over-USB (but not Wi-Fi).
Changelog (from G.3.1)
- Added menu for beta features; hopefully more to come soon.
- Exposed page for beta feature: serial device forwarding over a socket.
- Added options for use of Fast-DDS Discovery server to Application Configuration page.
- More consistent application of the style sheets across the UI.
- Factory Reset option should now be available over Soft AP mode (bugfix).
- Fix "easy" update (over the Internet) to be aware of different ROS versions, and to update properly.
- Fixed bug where robot would not always properly set a default route when a device is connected to Ethernet-over-USB but not connected to Wi-Fi. (#184)
- Fixed a bug on boot which could cause the system to hang during an update, sometimes causing the robot not to properly update (often with a mysterious red light).
- Implement option to use a Fast-DDS discovery server when RMW is set to Fast-DDS.
- Add parameter to disable
- IMU update rate is now 100 Hz